On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, a little time reserved just for me.
Nothing says Christmas like family–even when they're staying in your home, eating your food and offering "friendly" suggestions on your cooking, clothes, decorating tastes and childrens' upbringing.
So before the in-laws, cousins, aunts, uncles and siblings make their way through your door this season, make plans to spend a few hours by your lonesome.
Have dad take the kids to see Santa, or call in a favor from your girlfriend to ensure the scheduled playdate happens on her turf.
Use those hours to finish wrapping gifts, buying last-minute items and psyching yourself up for the days to come.
If you're ahead of the game, take an hour or two to pamper yourself or visit the gym before the Christmas consumption begins.
- The Mall at Partridge Creek – Pick up last-minute gifts or just window shop (aka retail therapy). Maybe treat yourself to a Nestle Toll House cookie when nobody is looking.
- Bianchi's Salon – Hair, nails, the works just in time for the holidays.
- Anytime Fitness – Grab a free, seven-day pass on Patch (limited-time offer) and get a head start on working off those inevitable holiday calories. You'll release endorphins and leave feeling better than you came.
- Clinton-Macomb Public Library – If you're looking to kick back and relax for a few hours, the main branch has the comfy seating you'll need. Grab a favorite book and head to the back, where couches and a fireplace awaits.
- Biggby Coffee – There's really nothing a ridiculous coffee or tea concoction can't fix. Order your usual, or ask the barista to suggest something to suit your taste. Then take a few minutes to just kick back and enjoy the peace.
Looking for more salons, gyms or venues specializing in R&R? Check our business directory.
Tomorrow, the second day of Christmas.