The crew at Clinton Township's Palm Palace have added a new dessert option just in time for summer.
Mediterranean ice cream, which is eaten around the world and sometimes is called dondurma or kaimaki, is now being offered locally.
What makes Mediterranean ice cream different than any other frozen treat?
"Mediterranean ice cream is made with all fresh ingredients," the company wrote in its blog post on Patch. "The three flavors available at Palm Palace are made with real mangoes and strawberries and crushed pistachios, not artificial flavors and extracts. It’s also made with milk and not cream."
Mustafa Dakroub, CEO of Palm Palace, says "it has a wonderfully creamy and chewy texture.”
And now, Dakroub is offering Patch readers a chance to sample it and also enjoy a meal at the restaurant.
For a chance to win a $20 gift certificate and dessert for two, post a comment below, telling us which flavor you're looking forward to trying — mango, strawberry or pistachio. The deadline to enter is 5 p.m. Friday.
And now, the official rules:
- Open to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia who are 18 and older.
- To enter, post a comment on which flavor of ice cream you'd like to sample.
- All entries must be received by 5 p.m. Friday, May 17 Eastern Time.
- You may enter once.
- One winner will be selected in a random drawing.
- The winner will receive a $20 gift certificate and dessert for two.
- Click here for complete official rules.